Dear Parents and Carers,
Following my message yesterday, we received further guidance from the DfE (Department for Education) yesterday regarding the conditional reopening of schools. The aim is to gradually increase the number of pupils attending, starting with year groups R,1 and 6, from June 1st at the earliest. I will now be working through this guidance to risk assess and plan how this will work in practice at Capel-le-Ferne. Keyworker and vulnerable children provision will continue up until the phased reopening begins, and will continue afterwards.
More detailed information of the plans which will include smaller ‘classes’ and staggered starts will be sent out to you early next week. This will hopefully ensure all of your questions are answered. We will also be providing an opportunity for parents to discuss this matter further with us prior to the planned restart.
I appreciate this is a very unsettling time for us all but rest assured the safety of the whole school community will be at the forefront of all the decision making.
The next News item contains a link to the DfE's guidance for parents on this matter.
Thank you for all your ongoing support.
Click here for more information.